Our Dosers are packed with features and capabilities
We have designed, developed, manufacture and supply the full range of Automatic Additive Dosers.
Our Dosers cover all of the automatic additive dosing requirements, including for vehicles, machines, vessels, bulk tanks, fuel tankers and fuelling depots.
Our Dosers are fully proven for the automatic dosing of vehicle, construction machinery or vessel fuel tanks, plus dosing the fuel flow from fuelling tankers, and comprises:
- HDPE VX562 additive tank compling with EU TUV regulation ECE R34, Part 1, Annex 5 EU Directive 70/221/EEC for diesel tanks, or stainless steel tank options are available.
- Wet and dry sealed compartments which incorporate:
- Wet – additive pump, solenoid valve(s), temperature sensor, plus optional heater if required and additive flow meter for the fuel flow Dosers.
- Dry - Electronic Control Board with motion Sensor, service LEDs, and RS232 connector socket and optional modem.
- A rollover vent.
- A lockable filling cap.
- A mounting cradle with vibration rubber strips, which is attached to a suitable surface close to the fuel tanks or fuelling position.
Our Automatic Additive Dosers (AADs) are unique, autonomous bolt-on units which provides the complete diesel fuel treatment system. They are a break through because they enable fuel additives to be dispensed through installed systems, rather than by manual dosing or through bulk supplies. They:
- Accurately and automatically dispenses the correct volume of additive into fuel tanks or directly into the fuel flow under varying climatic temperature conditions.
- Include the full range of dispensing control options so the optimum one can be chosen to meet specific operating conditions.
- Require no driver/operator input for the automatic Dosers, or minimal driver input for the keypad entry Dosers, so there is no or little training required for the drivers or reliance on them to manually dose every time in all weather and operating conditions.
- Have the option of different additive tank sizes (5 & 20 litres) thus ensuring that, whatever the dosing ratio for the fuel additive is, the tank should only need to be checked at service intervals.
- Have the options of HDPE moulded tanks, Stainless Steel 316 marine grade tanks, or aluminium marine grade 5052 tanks.
Vehicle or Machinery Fuel Tanks
Our Automatic Additive Doser (AAD) is conneted to the fuel tank level sensor and automatically dispenses the correct volume of additive into the fuel tank(s) on completion of fuelling. On installation the Doser is calibrated to take into account the additive system configuration, the fuel tank capacity, and the fuel tank level sensor characteristics.
During normal operation, the Doser monitors the level in the fuel tank(s). When a fuel fill is detected, the additive pump and solenoid valve(s) are activated.
Vessel Day Tanks
Our Dosers can also dose vessel day tanks during fuel transfers at sea while the vessel is pitching and rolling, and the fuel level sensor readings are affected by the fuel sloshing.
Fuel Flow Systems
Our Fuel Flow Additive Doser (FFAD) will automatically dispense the correct volume of fuel additive directly into the fuel flow of a refuelling or filling system automatically during fuelling. Control is affected by the Applicator receiving a signal from the electronic pulser of the flowmeter.
It is capable of automatically and directly dosing into different size fuelling hoses with different fuel flow rates during the fuelling operation; eg, 25mm and 32mm diameter fuelling hoses on the same tanker.
With our optional remote switches, the tanker driver or operator simply selects at the fuelling position whether or not to provide dosed or undosed fuel at the choice of individual customers.
Bulk Fuel Tank System
Our Bulk Tank Additive Doser (BTAD) will automatically dispense the correct volume of fuel additive into bulk storage tanks in stages during the fuel filling operation if a suitable fuel level sensor is fitted.
The bulk tank installations include tanks of up to 125,000 litre (33,000 gal) and dosing over one and a quarter million litres (330,000 gals) of fuel per month.
Keypad Display Unit
Our Keypad Additive Doser (KPAD) provides for a manual entry onto a keypad of the volume of fuel added if no suitable fuel level sensor is fitted.
For vehicles, it would normally be mounted in the cab. For bulk tanks, it would normally be mounted close to the fuelling point. It's features include: 12 keys, an LCD screen and an option for PIN capability.
Onboard Computer Options
Our Automatic Additive Dosers support connection to a vehicle's onboard computer to activate the fuel fill conditioning process.
The operation of the Automatic Additive Doser and system are the same as described above except that the fuel fill signals are received by the Electronic Control Board from a node on the CAN bus for vehicles with protocol J1939 networks. Each application would be different and final requirements would be defined with the end users and then the interface software would be written.
Our Automatic Additive Dosers support external communications with a base or office.
We can supply a wireless modem with software to communicate with the Doser over a cellular network to receive operating data, low additive level alert, SMS mesdsages and to power the Doser off and on.